Increase the Value of Your Home While Relaxing on a Custom Deck
Connecticut Custom Outdoor Deck Builders
Building a custom deck can add exponential value to your home when done right. Decks make great places for entertainment and relaxation purposes. Fire up the grill with plenty of places to add outdoor seating for your next barbeque. Sit outside with your morning coffee to hear the birds chirping for a pleasant way to start your day. Decks also give you an easy secondary exit in cases of emergencies. You can also choose to keep your deck simple or add many different elements for a fully custom feel.
Considerations When Building a Custom Deck
When building a custom deck there are several factors you’ll want to consider to make sure that you get the most out of your investment. Following the local safety and building requirements are of the utmost importance. It may be in your best interest to hire a professional team to install your custom deck. Their experience can help you save more money in the long run. Ultimately, consider your budget as it determines the level of customization you’ll be able to achieve.
- Town Building Codes – The building codes vary for each town in Connecticut, so you will want to know what is and isn’t permitted before you get far along in the planning process. A good contractor or architect can help you sort through this and avoid any issues.
- Materials – There are many variations in materials for building a custom deck. Most will either be made of composite material (like Trex or Azek) or wood. Others may be made of plastics. All come at different price points.
- Space Available – We all wish we could build a huge deck to enjoy. However, some lot sizes won’t be able to accommodate larger custom decks. Still, you might be able to build multiple levels to maximize your square footage.
- Finishes – You could spend hours looking through all the different options for the small details in custom decking. You’ll get to select from all kinds of railings, posts, and steps.
- Building Codes – This is where consulting with a professional deck company may be beneficial. They’ll know what local building codes and regulations say regarding custom decks. It is important to follow these guidelines for your safety.
- HOA Approval – Most communities require a process of approval before you can add a deck or fence of any kind. This is to control the values for surrounding homes in the neighborhood. Before beginning your custom deck project, you’ll need to consult with your HOA to fill out the proper forms and gain approval.
Building a Custom Deck with a Professional Company
Asking friends and family members for recommendations for a quick internet search can yield a lot of results for local basement renovation teams. You can use an internet browser, like Google, or social media or Angie’s List to find and compare several companies near you. Read through several of the ratings and reviews that previous customers have left for several contractors to find the one that will give you the best value. Be sure to look for licensed and insured companies to protect your investment
When you are ready to contact your chosen renovation company, you should have a list of your wants and needs for building a custom deck ready to go over with them. They may have questions related to your ideas. Be prepared that what you envision for your space may change according to the codes and other factors that they will go over with you.
The Better Built Basements Difference
What is different about Better Built Basements? We give you the plans that include show all the wall locations, the type of ceilings, window locations, and show the layout of the unfinished space and the space to be finished. Also, other than a plumber (which may not be needed for your project), everyone who works on your project will be a Better Built Basement employee. We don’t use sub-contractors for any of the projects we undertake.
Better Built Basements is a professional basement conversion business in the Berlin, Connecticut area. The great news is that they do more than just basements. You can contact us by calling (860) 829-8587. Our social media pages offer home improvement news and ideas.
We also have free estimates available for building a custom deck to improve your home.